Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Do you wash your hands after you open the mail?

Haha I just thought this was kind of funny. I feel like someone all paranoid using gloves to open their mail when people were putting anthrax in envelopes
    But when I've been opening Christmas cards from people, I immediately wash my hands after. Especially from a particular friend whose kids had a sv like two weeks ago. She had it then too. She probably licked the envelope...
    Sorry if I put the idea in your heads now but it was just something I thought of the other day!

Default Re: Do you wash your hands after you open the mail?

Yep always! My mottO is you never know who could have touched it!!!

I know this is terrible and I know things are done by machine now, but I always picture some person being paid to lick envelopes in some credit card company's headquarters and god only know what goes around in offices! And what if I've already been exposed but the strain they have is different so ill get it again.....Omg...yeah these are the things that go through my mind. Lol

I always wash my hands after opening mail! I now also wipe light switches, remotes, tap handles, stair rail, pc keyboard and mouse, mine and daughters mobile phones and doorknobs with bleach solution everyday. Car steering wheel, gearknob, window buttons and door handles a couple of times a week. Am i going mad i ask myself?

Quote Originally Posted by becca44 View Post
    I always wash my hands after opening mail! I now also wipe light switches, remotes, tap handles, stair rail, pc keyboard and mouse, mine and daughters mobile phones and doorknobs with bleach solution everyday. Car steering wheel, gearknob, window buttons and door handles a couple of times a week. Am i going mad i ask myself?
    Nope, I'm pretty similar myself! I always imagine that Detol(?) advert that was screened a few years ago, where the mother is preparing chicken in the kitchen, and it shows (in blue) how quickly germs spread without you even realising it.

YES absolutely!

Without a doubt!

Thought never even crossed my mind. I can not even fathom how a virus could be transferred from an envelope.