Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: are you emetophile

Voters
445. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

69 15.51%
  • no

376 84.49%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: are you emetophile

Quote Originally Posted by bananas View Post
    Everyone, I am the one who started this poll and I am so happy to see that I am not the only one! I wouldn't have guessed that about 1 in 6 emets was emetophile though. That is encouraging to me because it helps me think I'm not so weird.

Asianeko, I just wanna make clear that I'm not aroused by vomit itself. No no no. What is arousing is a person vomiting, if it's an attractive girl. It's what is happening, not what results. The vomit itself is the most disgusting thing for me and it needs to go away fast. But seeing it come out, yeah, that is really hot!
    OMG, this is what I feel like! I thought I was the only one!! Thank you thank you for sharing. It is hell having this phobia but feeling sexually aroused by it too.

No, but this is very interesting because one group of people are terrified of vomiting and another group become sexually aroused by it. Two polar opposite reactions to the same thing. So the "thing" - in this case vomit - is not the problem; how we choose to think about it and react to it is the problem.

So, instead of spending every waking moment trying to find a way to NOT vomit, maybe I should working on convincing myself that if it happens, I can and will handle it, and while it won't be pleasant, and nobody WANTS to do it (well, maybe the emetophiles do haha), but it's not the end of the world.

Thank you for posing this question!!

I was totally unaware that emetophilia and emetophobia were related in any way. That's actually kind of fascinating to me. How ironic it is.

For me, emetophilia just means that I have different fantasies. I have the usual kind of fantasies that most girls have, but I also have fantasies about cute guys v*. In my fantasies he's down by the toilet and it's coming up and I'm doing what I can do to help. I've only seen a guy v* for real once and it's not something I'm craving but I wonder. My emet is really bad right now and I would be terrified about being around someone who's v* for fear that I would catch it myself, but if I knew it was something I couldn't catch then I don't know. How I feel about emet and v* is very confusing as a result of these fantasies. I worry about having a bad feeling in my stomach, but thinking about someone else having the bad feeling can give me a good feeling someplace else. I wouldn't wish it on someone but I'm glad there are guys who don't think it's such a bad thing and even make videos of themselves doing it.

Absolutely not! in fact, if I saw someone I liked V, I would more than likely want nothing to do with them ever again! But here`s an odd thing, my favourite actor isTerence Knox, ( Dr Peter White, in the medical drama St Elswhere), & I find myself wondering how many times he`s Vted in his life. Strange, or what?

^ Hairyfairy, I think you are a beginning emetophile. Thinking about attractive ppl vomiting is where it starts. Then comes fantasizing about them.

Quote Originally Posted by bananas View Post
    ^ Hairyfairy, I think you are a beginning emetophile. Thinking about attractive ppl vomiting is where it starts. Then comes fantasizing about them.
    Once this started to "show thorugh" my anxiety, it wasn't long I was well on the road to recovery.

So, it CAN be a balancing force that helps you get over the phobia.

Just my opinion!
    David

Oh dear god, no! O_O

hairyfairy, I agree with bananas and turbo that you're an emetophile too. It is significant that you have thought about the spewage of your favorite hunky male actor (although I dunno who he or St. Elsewhere is). If you said your girlfriends or the lady who cuts your hair, that would be one thing, but you don't need to tell anybody here what kind of feelings a stud actor causes a girl. Accept your emetophilia and enjoy it!!! It's the only good thing that's come out of emetophobia for me.

Quote Originally Posted by FroshGrl View Post
    hairyfairy, I agree with bananas and turbo that you're an emetophile too. It is significant that you have thought about the spewage of your favorite hunky male actor (although I dunno who he or St. Elsewhere is). If you said your girlfriends or the lady who cuts your hair, that would be one thing, but you don't need to tell anybody here what kind of feelings a stud actor causes a girl. Accept your emetophilia and enjoy it!!! It's the only good thing that's come out of emetophobia for me.
    Oh cool! I like your colorful writing style!

I don't see much 'good' coming out of a phobia. However the CHANGES MADE TO OVERCOME the phobia definately do have some really positive side effects!

Sincerely,
    David

I definately don`t believe that I could be an emetophile, because I wouldn`t be tusned on by an attractive man Vting, I would be repelled, & most likely go off him fast!

Did I mention this in my one post before? It seems relevent now though.

Lisa Edelstein is like my hot rod mama and she vomited in an episode of House and for a split second I was like, "AWESOME!" LOL! I don't think I got aroused but it was interesting....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    When In doubt, God prays to Hoffman

I hope you don't mind me butting into your little corner of the internet, but I have been reading this thread with interest and thought I'd add what I can to it.

Firstly, let's get one thing out of the way. I am not in any way an Emetophobe and am definitely an Emetophile. I found this thread searching for information about my issue and this is one of the few reasoned discussions about it i've ever seen.

I won't re-tell the story here (unless people are interested) but I can pin-point the exact moment in my childhood that made me this way and for me it is very much a "loss of control" thing, both when it happens to me and when it happens to a girl. For me the turn on is the build up followed by the act, just the act itself has little interest to me and I'm definitely not interested in the "product" afterwards (but not repulsed by it either).

My issue causes a lot of confusing feelings inside me, while I cannot help but be turned on by it, it leaves me feeling extremely dirty and guilty afterwards. I've never (knowingly) met anyone else with the same issue so I don't know if I should try to control it somehow or just try to accept it.

Anyway, that's that off my chest. This is only the second time I've ever admitted to it so it has been quite liberating. I'll keep an eye on this thread and if anyone has any questions then I'll do my best to answer them completely honestly. If not, thank you for reading and I hope you all find a way to deal with your side of the coin.

Quote Originally Posted by Spizza View Post
    I hope you don't mind me butting into your little corner of the internet....
    The more the merrier!

.... I am not in any way an Emetophobe and am definitely an Emetophile. ....causes a lot of confusing feelings inside me, while I cannot help but be turned on by it, it leaves me feeling extremely dirty and guilty afterwards....
    Glad you chimed in here! I've spent alot of time thinking about both sides of this. I am a mostly recovered emetophobic, who has always had a fascination with vomiting since before I was phobic about it.

One of the first changes I noticed when getting over the phobia was that I started to have more emetophilic thoughts here and there.

Instead of letting this make me feel dirty and wrong; I just accept these feelings and move on.

Later,
    David

I can't reply to your PM yet as I don't have enough posts. Please excuse me while I resort to a small amount of spam...

Quote Originally Posted by Spizza View Post
    I can't reply to your PM yet as I don't have enough posts. Please excuse me while I resort to a small amount of spam...
    Lol that's funny. I didn't know they restricted PM's!

You might go in the test forum and make the number of posts instead of clogging the active forums.

David

I'm posting genuine replies to threads, but they are not the most insightful things I've ever written. I didn't know there was a test forum!

(I'll head there now!)

Where is the test forum btw?

Turbo, YHM :-)

Spizza: I suggest going to the forum called "text games" where all we do is type random things (sometimes just numbers.) It is a good place to go if you want to run up your post count.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

After reading this thread a couple times I've started to wonder if emetophobia and emetophilia are in any way related. It would make a certain amount of sense. As emetophobes, we are absolutely OBSESSED with vomiting. I know I even get morbidly curious when I hear anyone talking about it. When I was younger...way younger...little....I had emetophilic thoughts. I didn't know that was what they were at the time, but playing barbies with my friends or even at home by myself and playacting vomiting caused some weird feelings in me that I didn't understand, but I do now.

All I can say is that if getting over emetophobia turns me into an emetophile, I can live with that. In fact, I'm certain I'd prefer it.

I recently remembered an incident from my schooldays. I was walking past the toilets, & there was a big crowd of kids hanging around inside & outside, I asked what was going on, & someone told me that there was a girl in there who was feeling sick. I thought, why would anyone want to watch someone V. I was`nt actively emetophobic then, but it struck me as just plain freaky to treat something like that as entertainment, & I thought those girls who went to watch were just nasty, I mean, did they stop to think about the feelings of the girl who was ill. I`m sure no-one would want to be stared at such a time.

To Pealescent Angel: When getting over a relationship I was always told that the opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. Maybe that says something about the extremem emetophobes and the emetophiliacs. We are all obsessed with it, and though I have come to understand emetophilia better, I will never be on that same level. As I have stated, though, I do not condemn those people at all. I find it extremely interesting and wish I could understand it fully at times. I think I'll PM you Spizza if you don't mind!

When In doubt, God prays to Hoffman

Hairy, please excuse the late reply, but that's the main reason I was emetophobic when I was younger. I was just horrified at the thought of doing it at school. At the end of every school year, I was glad that I had made it through the year without vomiting in school. I even thought about it when I graduated from high school. Of course, in elementary school, some people did throw up at school. It was awful that when it happened, every kid in the school was aware of it and talked about it. Sometimes at class reunions people still talk about who did the technicolor yawn for everyone to see. Once I was no longer in school, I was still emetophobic so the fear of doing it in school was only part of my emet and not all of it.

Doug
    Last edited by gumdropper1; 12-07-2010 at 12:07 AM.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

WOW! more than 34 years! I can only boast 14 years in january next year, but I`m optimistic that I`ll one day be able to say the same. unfortunately, I have seen a story on another site from an emet who Vted after 34 years. They didn`t say why they Vted, & I found that quite worrying & depressing, as I can`t imagine why someone would lose control after all that time.

hell no,i wish vomiting didnt exsist!

Hairy Fairy, Ive been an emet since I was about five I was sick last year and it was a first since I was about eight. I dont wish for the same as you, I wouldnt want 34 years to pass without vomiting as much as Im an emetophobe. The longer it goes the more worse the phobia gets!

God, no!!!!

Ahhh i clicked yes by mistake, i meant no,no,no!!!!

I'm not criticizing or demeaning anything anyone feels when I say this, and please don't take anything I say offensively because that is definitely not how I mean for this to come out. I'm just really confused by this whole thing. How can one POSSIBLY be as afraid of vomit as I am and be "turned on" by it. Aroused? Sexually? I just don't get it. If you're THAT afraid of something that gross (let's face it...vomit IS gross), how can it turn you on to see someone else doing it? I'm normally running in the opposite direction! When someone else vomits, it makes me sick to my stomach. Granted, I'm MORE scared of vomiting myself...especially in front of others...but I just can't comprehend how one could be deathly afraid of vomit (several of us have said at some point in our lives that we'd rather DIE than vomit) but still be "aroused" by someone else doing it. I feel horrible for that person. I couldn't get pleasure for someone else's pain. I understand that both emetophiles and emetophobes are both obsessed with vomiting, but for totally different reasons. One is deathly afraid. One is highly aroused by it. You can be deathly afraid of something and still highly aroused by it? I get the adrenaline thing because trust me, when someone else vomits near me, my stomach jumps like I'm on a roller coaster. It makes me instantly nauseated. Does this mean that someone who is deathly afraid of spiders (aracnophobe) can be "aroused" by watching spiders crawl all over a "hot" man or woman? What about fear of heights? Do some fear heights to the extreme, but get aroused by watching others jump off of a bridge or high building? Like I said, not judging or criticizing...I'm just completely dumbfounded.
    Jennifer

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So, love the people who treat you right, forgive the ones who don't and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it! Nobody said it'd be easy, they just promised IT WOULD BE WORTH IT!"

My Emet Vlog: