Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hey all,

I dont know about you all, but for me change tends to be something thats hard for me. I mean some change is good, and I guess that goes a bit easier, but still I feel like I have such a hard time wiht some things, and it angers me and upsets me.

I have lived in the same house ever since I was born, and well being away from home anywhere overnite is very hard for me. For instance like on this trip I was counting the days till I could come home. I find myself doing that thinking "its just __ more days then Im going home!" I feel like I can't really just let loose and enjoy myself ever, I just hold out till i can go home, then once Im home Im okay and happy.

I just freak thinking about how the heck am I ever gonna move?? I mean like being down in SC, the land was all foreign and different and I didnt like it, and I missed home very much. I just think how can i stand to live some where else? I know I have to soon, prolly within the next 2 years or so leave here, but its just how??? How have others of you coped who are like this?

Thank god youre that way...
    I am terrified of the day when i have to sleep over somewhere because my
    rents are waxing the floors of our apartment.. Id rather suffocate in the
    wax smell at home then go away for a day... i just feel homesick right
    away all because of emet.
    im scared to go anywhere even to the cottage to relax... no way i can
    relax in a relaxing place unless it is home or it is my cottage

I am very much a home person too, but don't be too concerned with moving away from your parents. Home is where you make it. In fact, I acutally feel much more at home in my own house than I ever did at my parents, now I wouldn't want to sleep over there. A home that you choose, set up and decorate the way you want, and have your stuff in will be just as much home to you as where you are now. Being in a new house is not the same as visiting somwhere, don't worry.
    ***Jackie***

yup. i am the same.

and i have just moved. so im here to tell you, it may be difficult, you may not want to go thru the higher bit of anxiety that u may feel, but its POSSIBLE!

and after a while, ull see the new place as home.. so then u wont feel ne anxiety at all hopefully.

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i absolutely hate staying anywhere but my home, i wont even stay at my parents house lol!!!

I dont like going on holidays for this reason so i usually have lots of days out to make up for it.... thats if i can get out lol...

Sarah xxx
    I couldn\'t tell you why she felt that way... she felt it everyday and i couldn\'t help her... i just watched her make the same mistakes again...

Hey all,

Yeah I suppose I can make it somehow, it just seems too big. I mean Ive never lived anywhere else, and geez, Im like envious of the people who can go away and stay somewhere else (other than home) and be fine and enjoy themselves. I just wish it wasnt so hard for me. I suppose living with William when we get married someday here will be better than living with my dad and his fiance (ok lots better) and so yeah, I just wish change like that didnt come so hard.

i wish it didnt for you either galadriel.

but its just a test. smthing that u will get thru.

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.