Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I had an AWFUL day. Just totally bleh..and nothing going my way...it started last night when I woke up choking on what I think was only saliva (happens a lot, I choke on dust or something while I'm sleeping), and for some reason, I got all n* (maybe panicking subconciously at choking?) so that REALLY freaked me out and I stayed up basically all night, though I felt fine after I "came to" and woke up more. I woke up at 10 AM (!!!!) this morning, still totally exhausted. I felt kind of icky all morning, though I had an appetite and was hungry. I physically couldn't eat much for some reason, which scared me.

Well, as usual, after I had eaten and stopped freaking out, I felt better...but everything is just going badly today. I still feel a bit icky, but I think I'm ok because if I was actually sick I would've been so by now. I'm still scarfing down food...LOL...I just had some pudding. So, I'm trying to get my emet to subside today, even though it has been miserable.
    You control your body- it doesn\'t control you
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    !

Sorry to hear you had a bad day, i think days like that are just too common for us phobics! Look at it this way, it cant get much worse........... i hope.

Actually i too get something similar when i am about to go asleep, its wierd, im dozing off and then suddenly get a feeling that im about to v..... and i kinda jump up and my heart is racing. the wierd part is when i wake up i feel as if i have just v......[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

I'm
    sorry you had a bad day! Usually when I have a bad night of
    panic, I feel yucky the whole next day, just b/c I lost so much
    energy. I'm sure that's all that's wrong with you. Hope
    you're feeling better soon. Rest plenty tonite and tomorrow all
    should be well.

[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

</span></span>

Do what your heart tells you to-- even when your fears tell you not to.

You are alive....so live.

Sorry you had such a bad day, but its almost over, get plenty of rest, and tomorrow is a new day and hopefully a better one.
    That which does not kill us only makes us stronger.

Are you sure you don't have acid reflux?? When Iwas just over 8 mo pregnant with my youngest child (who is now 15 mo) I had taken a nap in my bed before I had to go to my OB appointment. Well, I was sleeping so good, until I had awoke, after inhaling something, and I sat up quickly, and choked like crazy!!

Graphic******************************************* ********** **

The scary thing was, was I could taste vomit, or stomach acid. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]Not only that, but I could also taste my breakfast which was reeses puffs cereal. ICK! Not good the second time around.

Well, that experience scared the sh** out of me, and I went into panic. My day was so ruined. I knew it was acid reflux because the baby was kicking my stomach and crowding under my ribs.

The good thing about that day was when I went to my OB appointment, the doc noticed that my blood pressure wasn't good, and he also had noticed that I had protein in my urine, and that I had gained 5 lbs in 4days!! (those parts weren't so good though) Hethen told me to go to "labor and delivery" right away to get checked in and labor induced. I had my baby boy the next day; almost 3 weeks early! (Nov 4, 2003)

That was soooooo scary to have that reflux happen to me. I even bugged the neonatal nurses, by asking them "why did I choke on stomach acid this morning?, Is it normal?", and such. To this day, I can still remember the taste, and the sensation of waking up choking on the acid. [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]

Maybe you should just get it checked out? That may explain your slight nausea and "bleh" days.

You probably didn't get to experience the joy of tasting stomach acid when you woke up choking, which is good. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]Just something you might want to consider getting checked out since you do it often. Sorry for babbling, but your story reminded me of my own![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]I hope your days get much better.Charlotte
    Spring is here!

Just curious...why does my post above have the word "blood pressure" underlined twice?? I have been seeing this everywhere I go now?? What does it mean? [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img] Charlotte
    Spring is here!

Charlotte- that's a real possibility. My father has it. BADLY. So it could be genetic. Oh God, I've spent my life hoping I never inherit his conditions- he has a gallbladder problem too which gives him extreme pain once in a while and makes him v* all day[img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]. I've had that acid indigestion thing before...waayyy not fun.
    You control your body- it doesn\'t control you
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    !

I'm so sorry you're having a bad day. I hate waking up either panicked or choly or nauseous it sux! and messes up the following day. You seem to be staying pretty positive though which is great! I don't knwo where you live but its 9:30 AM here so I'm assuming you are in England and the day's almost over there? Tomorrow will be better!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin