Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Been worrying about this all day and night... Help plese?

I invited my friend over last night because I hadn't seen her in ages. Everything was going fine until she slipped into the conversation that her brother's 2 girls have both just had a stomach bug. (She's aware of my Emet, but I don't think she realises what information like this can do to me!) Anyway, it's been 24 hours and I've been worrying so much that she brought some of the germs to my house, to my bedroom! I've eaten my breakfast and lunch today just because I told myself a few days ago that I absolutely refuse to let this phobia control my eating habits. I've also been washing my hands for AT LEAST 20 seconds before I eat or touch my face. Will I be okay? I REALLY REALLY do not want to catch this bug. I feel so silly worrying so much; prior to getting fp* earlier this year, I hadn't v* in about 13 years. Even when I was young, I didn't get sick and I'm pretty sure I didn't obsess about my hand hygiene like I do now! Just needing some support right now, really. It's like everytime I turn around, someone I know has v* and I'm on constant alert! I want a break from all this, like I'm sure a lot of you do, too!

Just as a side-note, I bought some Benadryl today because I heard that it can help with n*. I took one about half an hour ago just to keep me calm, but do they really work?

Default Re: Been worrying about this all day and night... Help plese?

I am in the same place as you and I can tell you, I know exactly how you are feeling and I know how much it sucks BUT the good news is that you're already doing what you need to do in order to prevent catching the stomach bug, which is washing your hands I am terrified I'm going to get it, and I'm worrying right now because I'm having dull belly aches (but I get them often due to my IBS), and my husband's been sick lately. But I'm confident if you've been washing your hands before they go anywhere near your eyes, nose or mouth then you're fine

Just keep up the hand washing and you will be fine

Default Re: Been worrying about this all day and night... Help plese?

Quote Originally Posted by Kat91 View Post
    I am in the same place as you and I can tell you, I know exactly how you are feeling and I know how much it sucks BUT the good news is that you're already doing what you need to do in order to prevent catching the stomach bug, which is washing your hands I am terrified I'm going to get it, and I'm worrying right now because I'm having dull belly aches (but I get them often due to my IBS), and my husband's been sick lately. But I'm confident if you've been washing your hands before they go anywhere near your eyes, nose or mouth then you're fine

Just keep up the hand washing and you will be fine
    Thank you. I really do hope so! : D