Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Tooth Extraction

I need to get a tooth extracted and I'm terrified I'll v. I know I have more of a chance if I get twilighted or put out. It's just one tooth, a back tooth - it can be done with just Novocaine. I'm absolutely petrified though. Anyone have any experience with tooth extraction? I'm petrifield I'll v from dry socket, or that something will happen and I'll v

I've had my wisdoms out but I went under for that. This is just one tooth but it's broken, so there's a chance they'll have to pull it out in pieces and I'm SO terrified I'll feel pain and v or v in general. I've been putting it off and it's only getting worse :/
    Last edited by Mew; 10-15-2014 at 11:13 AM.

Default Re: Tooth Extraction

I had my wisdom teeth out with just novicane and Valium. I was scared to death but really it was no big deal and I was fine once the sensitive wore off. Ask them if you can do that.

Default Re: Tooth Extraction

I had all four wisdom teeth out in one sitting, with just novocaine, and it was not fun, but there was no V. The worst part was the anxiety. They numb you up so well, you won't feel pain. I was terrified of "dry socket" too but if you're careful you won't get it. Just eat soft foods and don't suck anything through a straw, or smoke. Anything that creates suction needs to be avoided. I was so paranoid and overly careful I didn't even swish salt water around my mouth too vigorously, or spit it back out with too much force. I just let the salt water sort of swoosh from side to side in my mouth, and then I leaned over the sink and just let it fall out of my mouth.

Good luck! You'll feel so much better once you get it over with.