Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Other phobias?

Default Other phobias?

Does anyone have any other phobias besides emetophobia?
    Raven, thats me.

Default Re: Other phobias?

Nope. Just this one. I wish it were something else!!

i always wish i had a phobia of dogs or spiders or something else....when i was younger, i remember praying that i would get a new fear....lol
    "It is the child that sees the primordial secret in nature and it is the child of ourselves we return to. The child with-in us is simple and daring enough to live the secret."

Well it's not really a phobia in that it doesn't REALLY affect my life too much, but then I don't come accross it loads, but I'm SUPER AFRAID of dead spiders. I don't know why. I'm absolutely fine with live ones, but dead spiders (or spiders exosceletons) scare me badly! haha. strange I know.
    "Here in the final draft, I've given all I have,
    Strange how the heart expands in the absence of a plan,
    There's nothing left on the page but I'm okay with that,
    I found my resolution was designed for stronger hands"

I have a really bad fear of death... well not death really, almost like I'm afraid of eternity.

When I die I don't want to just go out like a light. Thinking that after I die everything just ends forever is so sad! But at the same time I would never want to be concious forever, even with somewhere like heaven. I can't imagine not going insane after like a trillion years, then theres a trillion more years to come and then some!

I don't want to be concious forever, but I don't want everything to just end forever, either. So it kind of makes me feel trapted.
    ~Claryn :3
    Listen to my conversation with Dr. Drew on Loveline about emetophobia (warning: slightly graphic, fakey v* sound effect):
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

you all will laugh at this one, but Condiments. Seriously, mustard, relish, and worst off, MAYO!! It is seriously the worst. the closest thing I can come to on it is butter and salt, but I am deathly afraid of them! Its almost as bad a my emet. I am in food service, so it makes things difficult. I have to put mayo and mustard on subs, but I am dealing, it's the only job I can get! When I was a server, I once paid someone $60 to take a table a double side of mayo...

I have a phobia of socks. I cannot touch them once they have been worn. If they are clean I can touch them no problem. But if they are worn even for a minute and even if they are mine I cant touch them. I can now wash them by dumping them into the washer without touching them but I cant touch them. Heaven forbid if I have something in my sock lol. People have said to me it must be a germ thing with feet. But I can touch people's feet and shoes and be fine with it. Its just the socks

Really interesting responses! My emet comes along with fear of being sick, getting sick, being around people who are, or recently were sick, seeing v*, hearing v* (even fake like movies, gagging, and much more. I had a phase where I was afraid of going outside, during my sidewalk stain phase (thank god that’s over, to the most part). But I also fear bug that fly, because the noise they make when their wings hit things. Also bugs that run fast. I fear needles when its taking blood, im ok with shots as long as its not novocain and tattoos. I also fear being alone in public, on the streets especially (as I have had traumatizing events happen to me while alone). And one of my biggest fears is rubber balloons. Who knows why! But I cant be around them because they could pop at any second, which for some reason scares me silly.
    Raven, thats me.

arachnophobia *shudders*
    last year in the summer (eek!) there was this GIGANTIC beastly spider on the living room curtains, i've never seen one run so fast. i swear i've never ran so fast in my life.

oh yeah, a weird one... i have a phobia of hearing people eat, i can't stand it!

^ Ohh, I don't have a phobia of it but I CAN'T STAND the noise, especially when people eat with their mouths open! D: Its one of my biggest 'pet peeves'
    "Here in the final draft, I've given all I have,
    Strange how the heart expands in the absence of a plan,
    There's nothing left on the page but I'm okay with that,
    I found my resolution was designed for stronger hands"

Tornadoes.. I have nightmares of tornadoes all the time ever since I was 12 almost 13. Big thunderstorms scare me because i'm afraid there's going to be a tornado during them...

Quote Originally Posted by vixki View Post
    ^ Ohh, I don't have a phobia of it but I CAN'T STAND the noise, especially when people eat with their mouths open! D: Its one of my biggest 'pet peeves'

Yeah, I guess i'd describe it more as a pet peeve. I can't stand it, I have to leave the room lol.

Spiders! Terrified of spiders. I am also terrified of death as someone said above. If I catch myself thinking of it I have this horrible sinking feeling. I cannot sleep at night if I think about it. It my worst fear of all. I have all kinds of minuscule fears as well, or pet peeves or things that just give me the creeps.
    Let success be measured by the happiness in your heart.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I agree with Abbi with hearing people eat. Especially my dad. OMG I can't stand it. He doesn't even chew with his mouth open but I can hear all the food swooshing around in there and I have to leave the room. I absolutely cannot stand it. But it's pretty much only him.

Otherwise I don't have any other phobias besides emetophobia. I used to have arachnophobia but thankfully I've gotten over it.. which gives me hope that I will get over emetophobia as well.
    Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.

Another phobia i have is metal, steel, and silver. I have to use plastic utencils, i can not have that stuff in my mouth, especially if it hits my teeth. I cant stand the smell of coins especially nickles. I dont know why but i have had this fear since i was a baby. I know im allergic to silver, i figured that out with earrings. Maybe that has somthing to do with it.
    Raven, thats me.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkButterfly View Post
    Spiders! Terrified of spiders. I am also terrified of death as someone said above. If I catch myself thinking of it I have this horrible sinking feeling. I cannot sleep at night if I think about it. It my worst fear of all. I have all kinds of minuscule fears as well, or pet peeves or things that just give me the creeps.
    Oh I know the sinking feeling your talking about! Thats exactly how I feel, it makes me not be able to sleep at night, either (then again, a lot of things make me not sleep). I fear death so much, but it doesn't affect my life as much as emetophobia. I just think to myself, I probably won't be dying for a long long time so I shouldn't be worrying about it now. But I can think that with emetophobia.
    ~Claryn :3
    Listen to my conversation with Dr. Drew on Loveline about emetophobia (warning: slightly graphic, fakey v* sound effect):

I have a fear of losing a loved one. I have had some health issues, live at home, and am very close to my parents and my dogs/cats. I always worry something will happen.

I dont' think I have any other ones, but I'm getting agoraphobic because of the phobia, and I have panic disorder because of it also.

Quote Originally Posted by clarync8 View Post
    Oh I know the sinking feeling your talking about! Thats exactly how I feel, it makes me not be able to sleep at night, either (then again, a lot of things make me not sleep). I fear death so much, but it doesn't affect my life as much as emetophobia. I just think to myself, I probably won't be dying for a long long time so I shouldn't be worrying about it now. But I can think that with emetophobia.

Same here. If i catch myself thinking about it, I just go into a panic. Far worse than emet it seems. I do the same as well, I push it out of my mind.. I hope I come to terms with it when it comes to that time Otherwise I feel dread just thinking about it. I am afraid of losing loved ones as well. I've never lost anyone very close to me. I am just so fearful of losing my parents as they are getting older. I went through hell it seems when my dad was in the hospital for his heart. I was just begging and begging God for him to stay.
    Let success be measured by the happiness in your heart.

Oh Gosh there has been tons, emetophobia has powered through them though
    - Fear of the world ending (doomsday phobia)
    - Fear of a house fire
    - Fear of being robbed
    - Fear of planes flying over my head (Incase they killed me)
    - Fear of wetting my pants in class :L:L
    - Fear of starting my period randomly
    - Fear of stray dogs
    - Fear of my hamsters escaping and crawling into my bed when Im asleep

Weirdly enough a lot of these relate to death, except Im not afraid of death anymore, maybe thats why they've gone away Im still very scared of stray dogs though, in the funny way x
    "I aspire to be greater than my nature will allow"

Quote Originally Posted by clarync8 View Post
    I have a really bad fear of death... well not death really, almost like I'm afraid of eternity.

When I die I don't want to just go out like a light. Thinking that after I die everything just ends forever is so sad! But at the same time I would never want to be concious forever, even with somewhere like heaven. I can't imagine not going insane after like a trillion years, then theres a trillion more years to come and then some!

I don't want to be concious forever, but I don't want everything to just end forever, either. So it kind of makes me feel trapted.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert..._b_508440.html
    We can't just assume we are nothingness forever after death, we also can't assume we will live on. We just don't know, but remember what made you up is eternal.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1pIY...os=2fqRrSRGicA
    You may find this video interesting. (These are my ideas and opinions, I do not want to bother anyone's religious viewpoint.)

Wow! Some of these are really interesting! I have mild fears of certain things (like spiders, snakes, ect.) but nothing nearly as bad as my emet. My brother used to be terrified of other people's feet. He's gotten better though. :P

Quote Originally Posted by alxndriamrqtt1 View Post
    Wow! Some of these are really interesting! I have mild fears of certain things (like spiders, snakes, ect.) but nothing nearly as bad as my emet. My brother used to be terrified of other people's feet. He's gotten better though. :P
    My sisters friends like that, but only with her own, she wears trainers on the beach! x

clowns.. especially IT >.>

I thought of two more...

claustrophobia & when you let go of a balloon outside and you see it go far into the sky or like any object... but this isn't a phobia, it just makes me squirm

very intresting!! Im sure there are psychological reasons for man of these phobias! Would understanding why you have phobias make you feel better, even make it go away?
    Raven, thats me.