Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Anyone not v* since becoming emet?

The last time I v*ed was 6 years ago, but it was only once and it was from having anesthesia. The last time I was naturally sick was over 10 years ago. So, I haven't been sick from an illness since I became emet.

Quote Originally Posted by alex* View Post
    The last time I v*ed was 6 years ago, but it was only once and it was from having anesthesia. The last time I was naturally sick was over 10 years ago. So, I haven't been sick from an illness since I became emet.
    Ooh - sorry you had to endure that.

I've always feared anesthesia for this reason. BUT when I had to go under general anesthesia for wisdom teeth surgery - I forgot to ask for anti-emetic until after I woke up!

Than, as I sat in my dad's car riding home afterwards, mouth packed full of cotton, I remembered "Hey, you are supposed to be all N* and sick!" An anxiety feeling tried to come up but lemme tell you - anxiety feelings simply do not work when you are still halfway unconcious!

Thankfully due to the well-known 'emet superpower'¹, I never even felt the slightest bit N*.

Take care!
    David

¹- you know what that is! Somehow us emets seem to have an uncommon resistance to getting sick!

Not since becoming a REAL emet. It's been 16 years. That last time I v*ed I had a fear of it, but more of a childhood normal fear not what I have now.

I vomited 5 months ago, due to Noro.

It has horrid. It's weird now, I didn't really panic that much when I was sick, but now, I go into full panic mode even if I feel a bit nauseous

I haven't v*ed since the phobia started 13 years ago. The last time I did I was 5, and it was blood. It's probably what made me an emet, even though I remember telling my sister right after I v*ed that it wasn't bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by asdf View Post
    .....and it was blood...l.
    Wowsers!!!! That would have terrified me to no end!
    David

im heaps scared cause my mum was sick as a dog last night and im scared that i've caught whatever shes had. its prob from the meds she takes but it still hard to tell yaself that. i dont know what i'd do if i ever had to v* again

I have had emet since I was 8 and now I am 23. I haven't v*-ed since I was 16 but I still worry about it literally every single day and feel like I'm going to all the time. (

Quote Originally Posted by ladedoo5 View Post
    The last time I v* was first grade. That made me become an emet. Now im in 7th grade and I haven't since.
    It's the same for me! I haven't v* since I was 7 and now I'm going into 8th grade

I was on an 18 year streak until about 6 months ago. I learned something really interesting in a class I took in college on the brain. Apparently you can "train" your brain to overcome really primal urges (like the feeling you need to v*) which I wasn't aware I had been doing all these years. I many times experienced extreme nausea, but could always overcome the need to v* through intense focus on my breathing. I really thought my brain had "forgotten" how to v*. I was so extremely sick though 6 months ago, my body just took over I guess.