Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Contagious question

My DD has a bug (confirmed by the doctor today). She v* on Friday once only and has had diahorrea on and off until today (Monday) and she's almost back to normal but as you can imagine, i am freaking out. Is it too late for me to get it if I haven't had it yet?! I won't be able to sleep tonight with the worry now that I know it's a bug.. I'm so scared that every tiny tummy feeling is it starting but I know it's prob just anxiety. What do you think? Can I get it? So scared right now.

Default Re: Contagious question

Well, if you keep your hygiene up you should be fine.
    try to get some sleep, you'll feel worse if your up all night.
    I know that there are those that are waiting for failure, but
    my answer to that is that there is no such thing as failure.
    You can only fail if you stop too soon.

Since Friday, wow. Well if you haven't gotten it yet, I highly doubt you will. Like maxwest said, keep up your good hygeine. And get rest so your immune system stays good. I can definitely relate to the any slight tummy twinge I think. Damn. I'm screwed. Lol. Ill pray for you guys. I think you'll be fine though its been 3 days. Just remember its still carried in feces.

Btw what does dd mean? I'm confused

x
    This too, shall pass

"A bug" could really mean anything. My co-workers kids both had "a bug" a few days apart from each other and were v*, my co-worker had it (at work, thanks lady) and just had d*, and I caught it, and just had a fever. Things manifest different in kids than adults, and kids are more likely to v* from illnesses than adults.
    "I'm not supposed to be like this, but it's okay" -- The Wrong Child, R.E.M.

Quote Originally Posted by stephenie View Post
    Since Friday, wow. Well if you haven't gotten it yet, I highly doubt you will. Like maxwest said, keep up your good hygeine. And get rest so your immune system stays good. I can definitely relate to the any slight tummy twinge I think. Damn. I'm screwed. Lol. Ill pray for you guys. I think you'll be fine though its been 3 days. Just remember its still carried in feces.

Btw what does dd mean? I'm confused

x
    Thank you, I feel reassured now. DD means darling daughter in forums (geeky eh!)

Quote Originally Posted by maxwest555 View Post
    Well, if you keep your hygiene up you should be fine.
    try to get some sleep, you'll feel worse if your up all night.
    I wash my hands all the time and disinfected the place she v*, hope that's enough.

It's now 4:20am and I'm a little bit anxious and can't sleep. Playing medication music to keep me calm.