Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Omg help

Default Re: Omg help

I just don't get it. It must have been a very short lived virus. Idk.

Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer2012 View Post
    Within 10 days your totally in the clear but i dont think you were exposed. Just wash your hands and take a probiotic.
    10 DAYS?!?!?! I'm screwed.

And her husband and kids haven't caught it. Yet. I need to eat something but I'm so scared. I might try some plain rice. God I hate this. And she's at a damn pizza party infecting others. Oh that pisses me off. Annnd also makes me wonder how many other people are amongst us that are sick. I can't take this.

Quote Originally Posted by kasey View Post
    My sick friend is now at a pizza party with her kids soccer team.
    Kinda risky of your friend to do. She could easily get those kids sick. See normal people who do not have our phobia seem to shrug the illness off. I wish i could do that.

Quote Originally Posted by kasey View Post
    10 DAYS?!?!?! I'm screwed.
    If you were exposed which i doubt you were. Take a deep breath and relax. Eat and take the probiotic.

I had a little rice. Just plain. A few bites.

And I bought some chewable wafer thingy probiotics.

I really appreciate all the support guys. I will do my best to return the favor. I just need it to be tomorrow night so I can feel safe again.

No, the 10 days thing is how long an infected person might be shedding the virus for in their stool after their illness. So good hand hygiene is a priority, but then it always is really (not to extremes though, just sensible handwashing!).

The incubation period, after getting germs in your system before showing symptoms, is about 12-48 hours. I think that getting those two confused is causing unnecessary alarm. Two very separate things.

I think you'll be fine, as, like you said, you didn't ingest her faecal matter! Also perhaps it wasn't even an sv* as it seemed so short-lived? But I think she should have avoided the pizza party really. Some people just don't think. There's normal, and then there's inconsiderate!

Well, we are at the 48 hour mark. I'm still nervous and scared as I feel more comfortable with 72 hours. Yes. It's rude and upsetting that somebody who is contagious would go to a social function. Work or school. Makes me more nervous about even leaving the house. I'm terrified that the sv* will just hit me soon so I'm trying to take my mind off of it. My husband can't take off work tom so I'm also anxious about that. I can't be alone when I'm in the waiting game mode. I'm just ready for some relief from this worry. Sad. I'm sad. I just want to live a normal, happy, fearless and productive life. And not be crippled. My husband keeps telling me I'm not going to get the sv* but its like, how does he know. Anyways. Just venting.

Thank you again for all the support. Yall are the best.

Hey, I'm positive you're in the clear, it seems like it's been about 3 days or so? Usually people catch a sv within the day or next day they are around it. But I do exactly what you do! I freak when I hear someone I was with was sick. I freak when I have d* because I think it means i'm going to v*. So i'm all whacked out! Like today I had d* at 1pm & it's 2:15am now... I was freaking cause I had d* but I freak all the time. That's the thing with this phobia, anything can set us off... it's hard not to freak out cause I do the same thing. Just try to relax! If you feel panic coming on put a cold cloth on your head, that usually helps me calm down.

So friends. What do yall think? It's been...65 hours. Clear or still the threat?

Oh and again, thank you all so much for the support.

I'd say you're in the clear, but then again I've felt you've been in the clear since your first post

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you friend.

Everybody's support does not go unnoticed. Just so yall know.