Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: crying...

Default crying...

so... if you read my last two posts... my boyfriends sister and her family has the stomach virus... and before symptoms showed up, the husband came over (cause they live next door) and was talking to us (around 5 ish pm)... they got the symptoms later last night/early morning... and around 12ish this afternoon i touched the doorknob and ate a cookie on the way home without washing my hands. so ive been freaking out... and to beat it all... my boyfriend just called to let me know that his mother (who he lives with and where i stayed last night and yesterday) has it now. she also cooked tacos for us around 6-7 last night... but not sure if she actually touched anything... do i have ANY hope of not getting it?

Default Re: crying...

Take some deep breaths and relax. I think you are in the clear. If I could give you a hug, I would
    Colleen

The mother in law probably has it because she cared for the lil boy when he was sick. If I were you do anything you can to boost your immunity. I doubt you will get sick but give yourself a fighting chance. And even if you do get sick doesn't mean you will v* everyone is different. Try to relax, read a book, take some deep breaths it will all be ok!

he wouldn't be contagious before he started showing the symptoms.......so try and relax
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i got some sleep last night... but with all my googling and research .... most sites say you are contagious up to 2 days before symptoms... im just kinda sitting back and waiting for tuesday.. i guess if im still ok by tuesday i have nothing to worry about. but its been almost 24hrs since ive even eaten anything (which was the cookie i ate without washing my hands).... im gonna drink some water and take my vitamin c pill. is it even too late to do that?

You won't get it. I think we as emets have a stronger immune system to sv !

Quote Originally Posted by dscott View Post
    i got some sleep last night... but with all my googling and research .... most sites say you are contagious up to 2 days before symptoms... im just kinda sitting back and waiting for tuesday.. i guess if im still ok by tuesday i have nothing to worry about. but its been almost 24hrs since ive even eaten anything (which was the cookie i ate without washing my hands).... im gonna drink some water and take my vitamin c pill. is it even too late to do that?
    I believe you are contagious once symptoms appear. The incubation period is 1-2 todays. Some people say 12-48 hours. Keep washing your hands, relax, and try your best not to worry! Remember, you may not v* if you got sick.
    I write electronic music! Check out my music here:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

All my music is free! Enjoy! PM me and let me know what you think of my music.

There is hope: