Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Smokers

Default Re: Smokers

Quote Originally Posted by kyphie View Post
    I was a smoker for almost 30 years
    SO OT: But you DO NOT look any older than like 25 in your avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by JadeNight View Post
    SO OT: But you DO NOT look any older than like 25 in your avatar!
    Why thank you! That photo was taken right before I quit..and I will admit..the desire to keep hearing "wow, you look 15 years younger than your age" is a HUGE part of what fueled me to quit. lol! Vanity!

Quote Originally Posted by kyphie View Post
    Why thank you! That photo was taken right before I quit..and I will admit..the desire to keep hearing "wow, you look 15 years younger than your age" is a HUGE part of what fueled me to quit. lol! Vanity!
    I am 23 days shy of 22....you could pass as my age..easily!!

I smoke. I hate that I do but, it is what it is. I try to be respectful of smoking around others, especially children. i live in the south. we aren't as shunned as other groups.

i plan to quit within the next week or two. I haven't enjoyed smoking for a very long time. I'm young enough to try to save myself from many of the comorbidities associated with cigarettes. fingers crossed, I will succeed this time.

as for smoking and nausea, the last time I vomited was after fighting the feeling for hours and then reaching for a cigarette. I started to gag within a few puffs. as emet as I am, I still smoked that night and every night since.

good luck to those wishing to quit and, my condolences to those who have lost loved ones to this addiction.

Everyday is a winding road
    I get a little bit closer
    Everyday is a faded sign
    I get a little bit closer to feeling fine

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Best of luck in quitting, stay strong!

Just wanted to say, my boyfriend managed to quit after over 10 years by using one of those electronic cigarettes. He (and I) have always enjoyed the act of smoking, so finding something that satisfied that urge without all the tar and rubbish was fantastic. He bought one that had the option of nicotine free smoke flavoured cartridges, so he withdrew from the nicotine before he withdrew from the habit and he coped much better. It did cost around £50 for the whole kit, which might seem a lot to spend in one go, but he has now been smoke free for 6 months so has easily recouped his costs.

Ciggarettes help me too! And I am new as well. I have been smoking since 13. At 12 I was a "Pot smoker" but then started with ciggarettes the year after. They definitley help decrease my anxiety and distract me. BUT, they make my n* worse if I am too hungry. Best time for me to smoke is if I am overly full. It speeds up the digestive tract and helps it pass through quicker so you can feel better. I also live off tums and crackers XD

smoking helps me when i panic but if im n* i feel worse by smoking.

Quote Originally Posted by mina16 View Post
    Hi everyone! I'm Mina I'm new to this fourm not to the phobia but I wanted to see if who ever smokes cigarettes feels the same as me! I started smoking when I was 15 I'm now 24 and I feel like it really helps when I'm n* or having a panic attack... Does smoking making your n* worse or better? I really want to quit I hate the smell of smoke (crazy I know) and I want live a long happy healthy life with my husband. But smoking is seriously the only thing that makes me feel better. I don't want to take anti depressants or anxiety pills because my family has a HUGE history of addiction I'd rather be addicted to cigarettes than pills.
    My mom used to be the same way - but trust me, I think it's worth it to quit. She's thankfully not ill with lung cancer but her mom had it and passed on from it, and it was the same thing, cigarettes calmed them both down. It seems like a good idea, but honestly, would you rather deal with this phobia or lung cancer? I don't mean to be a b**ch, I just don't want to see you get sick with cancer that's all. It's a completely personal choice and I'm not here to judge you.

I truly wish the best for you smokers, I hope you all can eventually quit. I've heard all the stories, done my research, I've read how addicting it is (I don't really "know" because I've never touched a cigarette, the stench makes my throat start to close because of my asthma). I've seen the long and short term affects, and it's devastating. My grandmother, my uncle who has lung cancer now as well, but they're hopeful he'll pull through because they got it somewhat early. I'm so happy my mom quit. I hope my dad can someday follow, he did laser therapy and he said it worked wonders, but his wife is a heavy smoker so since they weren't in it together, it didn't really work out. He was smoke free for about 2 months though, which is still awesome.

I'm almost positive I'll never touch a cigarette or joint, or bong for that matter... my asthma is so bad now, and my lungs are damaged from my family's smoking, even though my dad doesn't smoke inside.. like I said, the smell of cigarettes and marijuana makes my throat start to close, one night I was out with my friends and ended up in the ER because my friend was smoking. And marijuana doesn't appeal to me, but I'm not opposed to it being legalized as they're trying to do here in BC because my point of view is if you're really going to try to make a drug legal, make it the marijuana not cocaine. Totally off topic now.

Anyway it's a matter of opinion and choice, I'm trying my best not to sound too judgmental here.
    Last edited by kaiilyn_23; 04-17-2012 at 09:53 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

I agree with you Pinogirl3321. It's not like we decided early on in life "hey am going to be a smoker and have a nasty habit!" No it wasn't at least for me. In my childhood I was repulsed by it, but in my teens I was wanting to try it out so to speak you know how teens are, wanting to try new drugs and things. I also wanted to be different from everyone else in my age group. I never should have picked up that pack. I smoke way too much but I am really trying to at least cut down. I would like to live a long life. A healthy one at that.
    Tumblr :

Facebook :

Youtube :

~No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.
    ~

Hey!

I also am a smoker, been smoking since around 16.
    I have come to notice that when I drink, only in excess, smoking makes me N*. But like most long time smokers when i am stressing out or feeling ill on a normal basis a cigarette makes me feel a lot better.
    At one point i was able to quit for about five days (I know it sounds pathetic) but i think i convinced my self that cigarettes were making me *N all the time, i was going through a rough time with switching to a different BC. and i was pretty much *N for about three months straight.
    But i was ligit able to make my self not want to smoke for fear that each one would make me get sick.

thats just my personal expirence.

but i also know that smoking raises your blood pressure so when you do smoke its not the cigarette that calms you down but more so the act. but thats the medical standpoint, my view however is somewhat askew from that.

Smoking weed help me

I do not smoke. I tried once though! (only one puff haha)
    I write electronic music! Check out my music here:

All my music is free! Enjoy! PM me and let me know what you think of my music.

There is hope: