Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: miserable

Default miserable

Dr's say I have Mono. This is horrible. I am tired. so so tired. I have no energy. I feel sick. My stomach is queasy. It comes in waves. I am only a little hungry. And when I eat..a couple bites in to it I don't want to eat anymore. Its like I have lost my appetite. I don't like this at all. not one it. It is very hard for me not to freak out because of the N.
    ~always wishing for the best, Eveningstar~

Default Re: miserable

Aw, Hun-that sounds miserable. The good news (if there is any) is that at least you know WHY you're feeling poorly (aka not SV) and v* is not (to my knowledge) a common occurrence so hopefully that will give you a little peace of mind.
    Use this as an excuse to lay in bed, watch trashy movies or tv and just be kind to yourself. Just eat what you can when you want.
    Have your doctors prescribed any meds to treat the symptoms or does mono just have to run it's course?
    Jennifer
    “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
    ― John Milton, Paradise Lost

So sorry to hear! First, relax. Being stressed won't do any favors for your immune system. I've never had Mono, but I did look up the symptoms and nowhere does it list v* or even n* as a symptom or side-effect of the ailment. I think your anxiety is making you feel worse more than anything. It does sound unpleasant, but a lot of rest is definitely required, and try to eat food to help your body fight it off. Feel better!

they gave me an antibiotic just incase i have a sinus infection. it is something that has to run its course. But with running its course can cause other ailments such as a sinus infection or ear infections or croupe. crud like that. Its like ever flu possible joined together. but yes. i have been watching trashy movies a fun things like that. I am a single mom of 3 50% of the time and I run a restaurant so this is going to be hard to take it as easy as I can. But i shall try. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Eveningstar View Post
    they gave me an antibiotic just incase i have a sinus infection. it is something that has to run its course. But with running its course can cause other ailments such as a sinus infection or ear infections or croupe. crud like that. Its like ever flu possible joined together. but yes. i have been watching trashy movies a fun things like that. I am a single mom of 3 50% of the time and I run a restaurant so this is going to be hard to take it as easy as I can. But i shall try. thank you
    Wow-an emet who runs her own restaurant ? Sign me up to eat there every night
    That is a hell of a full plate, lady! No wonder you're so stressed. Can maybe your ex or a family member help with the kiddos a bit while you get your strength back up?
    I'm sorry you're having to deal with all this-that just plain sucks!
    Jennifer
    “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
    ― John Milton, Paradise Lost

Thank you for your support. Unfortunately my ex is not a big help. he is petty. I have asked him in the past to care for the girls while I was sick. But then he told me that he keeps a list of when he has the girls more than his 50% of the time and told me he will tell the courts and that i am a bad mom and yadi yada crap. and no family members close by. I will manage, slowly i will get better. thank you for the support

My frien had mono a few months ago. She too was very n*. Her doctor called in some Zofran and it helped a lot for her. You might want to call and ask if you could get some.

I might have to do that. I've been trying to just eat soup. Its easier on the stomach. This sucks!