Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Help son has v and d

No ive not been s* at all yet (touch wood) and he started his Saturday morning it's now Tuesday night and not easing up on him at all! My partner and his 13 year old boy live here too and they've had no symthoms either.. Ive also slept in the same bed as him every night since he started being s* changed all his dirty nappies and cleaned every s* episode up and at 2 years old he defo does not get him aim spot on lol but according to the doctor some bugs can be like that but it's the first ive heard to be honest they are usually 48 hour max!

I do not think it is a regular bug or you would have it. why is your dr dismissing rota??? maybe see a new dr.

Quote Originally Posted by kimin661 View Post
    Have you been ill at all? Weird that he would be getting sick that much over the past few days but it not affect you. I hate to be negative, but that is an awful long time for a bug to last, especially with that much v*. Poor baby.
    Not if it's rotavirus. It can last up a week in children, especially young children. My brother caught rotavirus around the age of six and he was very sick for a good three days. And no one else in the family got ill.

If you think your son is becoming dehydrated and your doctor is saying he's fine, trust your gut anyway and take him to urgent care. If you think he's getting bad, take him to the ER. And 7up or Sprite are both good things to use. Maybe even freeze them.

And while yes, stomach viruses are around all the time, it's far less common in the summer. No need to be super vigilant, just wash your hands and if someone is ill be sure to keep clean. Really, it's not that common for adults to get sick in the summer outside of maybe colds. Summer colds are another story. I swear they can be the worst. But stomach bugs just aren't around much, if at all, in the warmer months. I did catch a stomach bug at the age of six in the summer once. It may have been rota for all I know. I refused to eat after for fear and ended up in the hospital with mild dehydration and Sprite was one thing they said to my mother to have me drink.

I hope he is finally in recovering stage and will be back to his normal self asap.
    "And though she be but little, she is fierce"~Helena, A Midsummer Night's Dream

I don't think its a regular bug either I honestly think it's rota I'm really not sure y my doctor dismissed that idea because he's all the signs, it's now 11 in the morning he's had loads to drink and half a bowl of cereal and a slice of toast and is finally keeping it down so far, praise the Lord lol he hasn't much energy he's mostly sitting around and still doing vile farts but so far so good!

i can't understand either y if anyone is s* here it's straight away put down to a bug but yet people on here visit their doctors and they actually get tested for things to see exactly what bug etc it's really annoying they are so lacks a daisy about it here. It's a good health care system when it comes down to serious stuff and yes they class it as free but it's not free we pay out of our wage national insurance so while we actually are paying for our hospitals and doctors through that were also paying for everyone else's and my partner and I pay a lot of national insurance because of earnings yet when our child is this ill they won't see him in the hospital and tell me to sit up all night with him putting ice cubes on his lips so he's getting some sort of liquid into him! In my home country (ireland) it costs a fortune to see a doctor and €75 per night of u need to stay in hospital but I can guarantee u if I was over there with him he would of been takin into hospital for fluids to be put into him everything comes down to money

And dairyfree yes yes I totally agree with the summer bug as in rotavirus lol because if it was that common all year it wouldn't be known as winter v* bug im not going to be extra vigilant in the summer because I will end up losing my mind I'm sticking to yes it's an unfortunate rotavirus he has but he will grow out of it and we will not spend our summers worrying

My daughter had what I think was Rota when she was 3. It lasted for over a week. She'd get better for almost a day and then go right back to it. I took her to the dr and all they said was that she had some kind of bug and these things can last a while. They didn't test her for anything. Felt like a real waste of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Dxxr View Post
    I don't think its a regular bug either I honestly think it's rota I'm really not sure y my doctor dismissed that idea because he's all the signs, it's now 11 in the morning he's had loads to drink and half a bowl of cereal and a slice of toast and is finally keeping it down so far, praise the Lord lol he hasn't much energy he's mostly sitting around and still doing vile farts but so far so good!

i can't understand either y if anyone is s* here it's straight away put down to a bug but yet people on here visit their doctors and they actually get tested for things to see exactly what bug etc it's really annoying they are so lacks a daisy about it here. It's a good health care system when it comes down to serious stuff and yes they class it as free but it's not free we pay out of our wage national insurance so while we actually are paying for our hospitals and doctors through that were also paying for everyone else's and my partner and I pay a lot of national insurance because of earnings yet when our child is this ill they won't see him in the hospital and tell me to sit up all night with him putting ice cubes on his lips so he's getting some sort of liquid into him! In my home country (ireland) it costs a fortune to see a doctor and €75 per night of u need to stay in hospital but I can guarantee u if I was over there with him he would of been takin into hospital for fluids to be put into him everything comes down to money

And dairyfree yes yes I totally agree with the summer bug as in rotavirus lol because if it was that common all year it wouldn't be known as winter v* bug im not going to be extra vigilant in the summer because I will end up losing my mind I'm sticking to yes it's an unfortunate rotavirus he has but he will grow out of it and we will not spend our summers worrying
    Hey again,

Its a pleasure to support you along with all my fellow pals on here.

This just has to be rota... If it was a more severe noro he would have had to be hospitalised and you would have struggled to not catch it by now. But always remember if you do catch anything it will NOT be as severe. Keep yourself external to the fear, you are doing well.

Remember that when a doctors practice diagnose as ROTA - they acknowledge a virus, meaning the hospital or surgery has to take precautions to avoid a spread, it is easier for them to just say its a "BUG" referring to a "bacterial inflammation" - as lets face it, almost every kid gets ROTA.

Feel free to message me if you need, I don't think I have had 10 posts yet though.

I hope your fellow is feeling much better now.

RIV

That's actually interesting to know about the doctors bit I never thought of that I'm just glad he's on the mend, its now day 6 and he's had 2 lots of bad runs today but no v* in last 2 days so must be getting better, ive felt awful and nauseous all day I'm putting it down to anxiety having been surrounded by v for so long but have taken two motillium just incase! Ugh I hate this I knew I would be fine when I was caring for him but it's the after part that freaks me out and the waiting on it happening and the what ifs .. Thankfully my doc gave me a 2 week line for work so I can de-stress myself at home

Quote Originally Posted by Dxxr View Post
    That's actually interesting to know about the doctors bit I never thought of that I'm just glad he's on the mend, its now day 6 and he's had 2 lots of bad runs today but no v* in last 2 days so must be getting better, ive felt awful and nauseous all day I'm putting it down to anxiety having been surrounded by v for so long but have taken two motillium just incase! Ugh I hate this I knew I would be fine when I was caring for him but it's the after part that freaks me out and the waiting on it happening and the what ifs .. Thankfully my doc gave me a 2 week line for work so I can de-stress myself at home
    That's great that he's getting better. Sometimes stomachs can take an extra three days to suppress acidic d*.

Yep, nausea if the perfect symptom of anxiety - it's how our body tells us something is wrong - anxiety sucks.

I believe you to be in the clear, whatever he had was seemingly an aggressive bout of rota or another type of noro, if it were the noro you would have most probably caught it by now if you were going to.

Just continue to take the measures to clean, especially after his poos.

Here is another tip.

Empty out your spray and wipe bottles (these cant kill virus') and tip some bleach and water into it, with euchalyptus or lavender oil. And use that as your bathroom and kitchen spray and wipe during vd sickness times.

Just take some time to breathe, you have had a horror week. And done so well, remember those points where you identified yourself as a great mother, not as an emetophobe. Now that your son is feeling a bit better keep telling yourself that you were fantastic.

Also make some changes to the house while you are home, change your bedding set to something different, move a piece of furnature. Take enjoyment out of a homely change.

Riv

RIV - are you a new incarnation of Matt (Silent Frog)? your posts echo his in terms of scientific knowledge of the difference between rota and noro...maybe I am overly cautious. I am going to read your old posts back.

Quote Originally Posted by mdgirl1977 View Post
    RIV - are you a new incarnation of Matt (Silent Frog)? your posts echo his in terms of scientific knowledge of the difference between rota and noro...maybe I am overly cautious. I am going to read your old posts back.
    Hi Mdgirl - No I am not..

I only found this website recently. My dad is a well known vet here in Australia. I have learned a lot from him and also many of his virus text books that are in my parents library - during my VERY obsessive teen years.

Armed with virus knowledge helps my anxieties so much, I know how to turn off my anxiety so-to-speak with this knowledge.

DXXR - I also forgot to mention that they need to actually take a sample of poo to confirm of a virus, hence another reason why they just say "oh its a bug" !!
    Last edited by RIV; 06-11-2015 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mdgirl1977 View Post
    I can vouch that RIV is not SilentFrog! RIV is from Australia (as is his IP address) and SilentFrog (and his IP) were from England. Unless he's some sort of hacking wizard but I'm doubting that right now. Welcome RIV!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Good to hear he is on the mend! My son had rota recently and it was about a week of d*...then a few episodes here and there afterward. Don't feel discouraged if you see a bit of a relapse with the poops. Not fun but keep in mind he is building some (maybe even absolute) immunity to the virus. ((hugs))

Quote Originally Posted by sage View Post
    I can vouch that RIV is not SilentFrog! RIV is from Australia (as is his IP address) and SilentFrog (and his IP) were from England. Unless he's some sort of hacking wizard but I'm doubting that right now. Welcome RIV!
    Thank-you Sage! I have no idea who SilentFrog is and why users are "cautious" towards him or his account?

I just had a search for Matt or SilentFrog. I hope he is ok. Unfortunately, no I am not Matt. Matt seemed very well liked, I am sure when he is ready to come back he will.

I find your posts very reassuring RIV thank you it's a big help for me personally ..

my nausea finally passed last night and my child has no symthoms today Wohoo I think it's finally all over its been the longest week of my life

i I think now it's just a big proper clean of my house today and get rid of whatever nasties were here thanks again to everyone that helped