Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Thread!

Default Happy Thread!

What makes you happy?

I want to shift away from the negativity emetophobia can bring into our lives, as well as work on shifting my own thinking with negative things happening in my personal life. I want to get to know everyone and fill this thread up with what makes us happy

I will start with my love for photography and astronomy. Together, astrophotography! I have been teaching myself through online tutorials and have been an avid follower of NASA's APOD (astronomy picture of the day) recently, I submitted my own photo and it was entered into the "photo bank" of photos that get chosen for astronomy picture of the day! It's a sub-forum called Asterick. I am so proud of myself for getting that far, even if it doesn't get chosen eventually.

Here is my submission. It's the April 4th Lunar Eclipse/ Milky Way Galaxy I photographed in Victoria, Australia

Your turn!!
    Last edited by JadeNight; 06-17-2015 at 09:28 PM.

Default Re: Happy Thread!

That picture is GORGEOUS. That's a wonderful shot!
    Things that make me happy...other than the obvious stuff like friends, family, and pets...drawing, reading, watching anything animated, and playing video games make me happy. Right now I'm playing Animal Crossing New Leaf and as weird as this is to say, since I started playing it, I've taken no panic attacks. haven't felt sick at all. It's such a relaxing game, though I like to joke that I'm in bug-catching hell because of it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The knowledge that you one day will conquer this fear, it fills you with determination.

I think this thread is a great idea. With emet and other issues it's especially important to focus on the things in our lives that we really enjoy. I couldn't list it all, but learning about alternative energy, and taking on these projects, learning how to grow different plants in the garden, and just enjoying a bit of tea or coffee with the family or a good friend are all things I look forward to. I like to challenge myself to cook different things and put my own spin on some dishes I've enjoyed for a long time. It makes me happy to take on a problem and solve it, all the better if in some slightly unconventional way. For a long time I was tethered to my home location, largely because of emet, but in the last couple of years, I've discovered I really enjoy traveling the country and seeing new people and places, and visiting far flung friends and family. Anything near the water is a place of calm, contemplation, and relaxation for me. Those are a few of the highlights. Awesome idea for a positive thread!

This is a brilliant idea! This is just what the forum needs, a calm place which we can enjoy and share interests! I have depression along with emet, and have lost interest in some activities. But I have found solace in watching comedies, tidying up, walking through forests, and music (I listen to heavy metal mainly, but I can enjoy all sorts of music, especially ambient and classical). But my fave is looking and watching baby seal videos. They are so relaxing and adorable to look at, and are extremely calming. Im going to post a video link of a baby seal making cute noises!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRb7B9fPhfA

This will make your day! x

I love this thread!

Amazing art, JN. wow. I can barely take a non blurry photo on my iphone. Yeah.

AWWWWWWWWWWWW baby seals! I totally bookmarked that to show my son tomorrow. I put notes with baby animal photos in his lunch every day since he was 5 (he is 8 1/2 now) and seals are some of his favorite ones bc I can make awesome captions.

What makes me happy? I moved this weekend (so stressful, I can't explain) but the new place is amazing. And obviously, my son. He is the #1 best thing in my life, every day.

MDGirl, I hear you on the non blurry iPhone pic! I don't exactly have surgeon's hands. I agree, JN is pretty talented. I hope to see more of this kind of stuff from her.

that picture is amazing!

Happy and also scary, my 2nd baby will be born on Tuesday by c section. I'm really excited to meet him but also really anxious over the procedure. so it's a mixed bag. All I can think about right now

Quote Originally Posted by XDark_MinxX View Post
    This is a brilliant idea! This is just what the forum needs, a calm place which we can enjoy and share interests! I have depression along with emet, and have lost interest in some activities. But I have found solace in watching comedies, tidying up, walking through forests, and music (I listen to heavy metal mainly, but I can enjoy all sorts of music, especially ambient and classical). But my fave is looking and watching baby seal videos. They are so relaxing and adorable to look at, and are extremely calming. Im going to post a video link of a baby seal making cute noises!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRb7B9fPhfA

This will make your day! x
    AWWWW! that is just the cutest! I found this of baby owls that made me happy

https://youtu.be/hlULIIJHBNg

I love walking through forests too (or as close to forests as I can get to where I'm from) It's always nice to explore nature and relax. What kind of bands do you like?

Quote Originally Posted by mdgirl1977 View Post
    I love this thread!

Amazing art, JN. wow. I can barely take a non blurry photo on my iphone. Yeah.

AWWWWWWWWWWWW baby seals! I totally bookmarked that to show my son tomorrow. I put notes with baby animal photos in his lunch every day since he was 5 (he is 8 1/2 now) and seals are some of his favorite ones bc I can make awesome captions.

What makes me happy? I moved this weekend (so stressful, I can't explain) but the new place is amazing. And obviously, my son. He is the #1 best thing in my life, every day.
    Thanks MDgirl! Congrats on the new place! Moving is so stressful but a new space is so refreshing! (and fun to decorate)

Quote Originally Posted by jkl81 View Post
    MDGirl, I hear you on the non blurry iPhone pic! I don't exactly have surgeon's hands. I agree, JN is pretty talented. I hope to see more of this kind of stuff from her.
    Lol JD I love how you're a fan of my work It means a lot every time.

Quote Originally Posted by socitycourty View Post
    that picture is amazing!

Happy and also scary, my 2nd baby will be born on Tuesday by c section. I'm really excited to meet him but also really anxious over the procedure. so it's a mixed bag. All I can think about right now
    OMG! Congrats on the newcoming baby!! I don't have any children, but I haven't heard any bad c-section experiences. I'm sure it will go smoothly and you'll have your new little one to show for it. <3

thank you ! I'm trying so hard to keep myself under control, easier said than done LOL

Since one person added a video of cute animals, I thought I could share this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7wXRAMm-Xo
    This video makes me happy every time I watch it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The knowledge that you one day will conquer this fear, it fills you with determination.

A happy song: Brighter Than The Sun by Colbie Caillat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU5o6M7S5nQ
    Even if we're breaking down, we can find a way to break through
    Even if we can't find heaven, I'll walk through Hell with you
    Love, you're not alone, 'cause I'm gonna stand by you
    --- Rachel Platten "Stand By You" ♥

This song has been kind of on repeat lol. It's so relevant to me lyrically and has an empowering beat
    Let Go For Tonight- Foxes
    http://youtu.be/KDAGkYUvChw

this post makes me so happy!! my friends make me happy, my amazing family, animals, and music (indie, alternative, rap, every genre) looking forward to relaxing this summer and getting better, and enjoying the free time!
    "Fear can't hurt you anymore than a dream."

Melindac that is awesome!!! I know I'm totally looking forward to summer (even though it's technically already begun) my best friend is a teacher and her last day is this Friday 6/26 so it hasn't officially started for me until she's done lol. Do you have any summer plans?? Concerts? Cookouts? Beach days? I'm hoping to get all of that in even though I'm now working 3 jobs lol

I wish I had a huge wall hanging of JN's picture above. Sometimes between work, emet and general life bullshit I forget how amazingly blessed we are and the incredible beauty around us that we overlook because we're focusing on the day to day challenges of life. A picture like that reminds me there is more to life outside of our little bubbles and to maybe take a minute every day to find something beautiful to appreciate.
    Music makes me happy-I love most kinds(British invasion, classic rock, 70s singer/songwriter, 80s alternative, grunge/hard rock, and metal!) but am especially a Beatles fanatic and think John Lennon was probably the greatest artist ever. His lyrics are so beautiful and succinct in their honesty and simplicity that it can move me to tears. In fact here's my all time favorite song lyric-it makes me happy so I'd like to share it:
    Though I know I'll never lose affection
    For people and things that went before
    I know I'll often stop and think about them
    In my life, I love you more
    Jennifer
    “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
    ― John Milton, Paradise Lost

My family, especially my sister for being my confidant, my boyfriend, for being such a perfect match for me and an absolute angel about my anxiety in this phobia, and my sweet cat
    Dayys when I don't worry about emetophobia make me so happy. I love feeling "normal" (for lack of better way of putting it). I love days off to relax and watch TV, sleep in or whatever I want to do. Time with my boyfriend, shopping or just lazing in bed

Quote Originally Posted by jmoore10 View Post
    I wish I had a huge wall hanging of JN's picture above. Sometimes between work, emet and general life bullshit I forget how amazingly blessed we are and the incredible beauty around us that we overlook because we're focusing on the day to day challenges of life. A picture like that reminds me there is more to life outside of our little bubbles and to maybe take a minute every day to find something beautiful to appreciate.
    Music makes me happy-I love most kinds(British invasion, classic rock, 70s singer/songwriter, 80s alternative, grunge/hard rock, and metal!) but am especially a Beatles fanatic and think John Lennon was probably the greatest artist ever. His lyrics are so beautiful and succinct in their honesty and simplicity that it can move me to tears. In fact here's my all time favorite song lyric-it makes me happy so I'd like to share it:
    Though I know I'll never lose affection
    For people and things that went before
    I know I'll often stop and think about them
    In my life, I love you more
    Jmoore, this is wonderfully said and I can completely relate and agree. Also, thank you so much for the compliment on my photo <3. Every time I'm out and about exploring nature or stargazing, everything else really doesn't matter. It clears my head and if something is bothering me or confusing me, in that moment I'm at peace. It's a priceless feeling. For example behind that photo, if my trip to Australia was worth anything, it was how I felt in that moment. it's nice to see others appreciate the way the earth can humble someone

Quote Originally Posted by metric4 View Post
    My family, especially my sister for being my confidant, my boyfriend, for being such a perfect match for me and an absolute angel about my anxiety in this phobia, and my sweet cat
    Dayys when I don't worry about emetophobia make me so happy. I love feeling "normal" (for lack of better way of putting it). I love days off to relax and watch TV, sleep in or whatever I want to do. Time with my boyfriend, shopping or just lazing in bed
    This is awesome, metric! It's great to have a family member you're close with. My younger sister is my rock. I'm glad your boyfriend treats you well and is understanding of your anxiety. And oh! You have a cat? What kind? I love cats! I have three lol

Oh, I love this! I am thankful that I was able to take an awesome seven-day trip to St Kitts with my boyfriend last month! I didn't have a single anxiety attack the entire time we were there

(Oh, and I'm happy that I got to see my family this weekend!)

Quote Originally Posted by kitbuddy View Post
    Oh, I love this! I am thankful that I was able to take an awesome seven-day trip to St Kitts with my boyfriend last month! I didn't have a single anxiety attack the entire time we were there

(Oh, and I'm happy that I got to see my family this weekend!)
    Awesome! I'm glad you got to enjoy your vacation and time with your family

I just wanted to say that maybe about a week or more ago I said I wanted to walk away from IES for a little while. With some conversations from some really supportive members, I decided to not so much walk away, but change direction of how I participate in this forum. I am super happy for the responses keeping this thread alive. I'm learning a lot about how everyone appreciates the things in their lives even when things aren't going so well.

So, thanks again for giving a long term member a new reason to stick around

Quote Originally Posted by JadeNight View Post
    I just wanted to say that maybe about a week or more ago I said I wanted to walk away from IES for a little while. With some conversations from some really supportive members, I decided to not so much walk away, but change direction of how I participate in this forum. I am super happy for the responses keeping this thread alive. I'm learning a lot about how everyone appreciates the things in their lives even when things aren't going so well.

So, thanks again for giving a long term member a new reason to stick around
    you and I have been around about the same time. I've taken breaks but never announced it (that never goes well). If you need time, just go but know that you are always welcome back! and I am happy you are staying. I like your posts and have always found you to be an excellent member of the community. xoxo girl. don't let the haters get you down. we love you.

you and I have been around about the same time. I've taken breaks but never announced it (that never goes well). If you need time, just go but know that you are always welcome back! and I am happy you are staying. I like your posts and have always found you to be an excellent member of the community. xoxo girl. don't let the haters get you down. we love you.
    Yeah, out of all the breaks I took, that was my first "announcement" lol. I had a reason (as you know ) thank you so much. Its nice to know I still have this place and lovely members after the ups and downs this place has had over the last few years xox

listen, trolls come and go. we are all used to it. the key is to identify troublemakers fast and ignore. I am on permanent troll patrol you can always come here and know that the core group will stand by you, drama aside.

listen, trolls come and go. we are all used to it. the key is to identify troublemakers fast and ignore. I am on permanent troll patrol you can always come here and know that the core group will stand by you, drama aside.
    Love this!!! <3 thank you

Omg that's a beautiful photo - and taken where I'm from too! I just bought my first DSLR and actually took my first photo of the moon without total blur.. achievement? not really.. lol! How did you take such a photo!?!?! Please explain! It's beautiful and I'm completely interested in astrophotography!!!!!
    "For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone" - Audrey Hepburn

Quote Originally Posted by victoria_xo View Post
    Omg that's a beautiful photo - and taken where I'm from too! I just bought my first DSLR and actually took my first photo of the moon without total blur.. achievement? not really.. lol! How did you take such a photo!?!?! Please explain! It's beautiful and I'm completely interested in astrophotography!!!!!
    OMG OMG OMG! This excites me!! I will absolutely LOVE to answer any question and teach you!! You live in such a beautiful country with tons of gorgeous landscape and little to zero light pollution. The spot I was at I want to say was in Bacchus Marsh and the ambient light captured was from an approaching car.

And I remember capturing my first kinda not blurry moon photo and I was THRILLED! So, yes. Absolute accomplishment. Did you use a tripod? If not you need to invest in one to go any further with anything long exposure. You don't need a big fancy one. the one I've used and dragged with me to Australia I bought at what you all call "op shops" You just need something that will hold your camera securely and that will grip the ground.

What are your questions? Ask me anything! If it's easier PM me! (Or do you have Facebook? we can chat there!)
    Also what kind of DSLR camera did you buy?