Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

hey everyone

okay, this is going to sound very strange but please bear with me...

on thursday night, i had a dream that i was at a golf course (where i work). A man was there and I was sitting down. of course, he v*ed unexpectadly RIGHT in front of me. it wasnt a lot, but in the dream, i fainted. The only thing is, it seemed SOOOO real that i can't help but wonder if it is possible to actually faint while sleeping.

I was curious to see whatfainting in a dream meant, so i just looked it up in my dream dictionary. this is what it said:

"if youhad the rare dream of being unconscious yourself, a physical checkup would probably be beneficial."

hmm...any thoughts?? have any of you experienced anything similiar? thanks everyone and have a really great weekend

-hayley xoxoEdited by: hayleyw
    ~*~ all is fair in love and war ~*~

That dream sounds scary! I don't know if you can faint while sleeping, because you are already unconcious. ??

Once i had a similar experience. I was actually sick though. I had a sv* and was probably severely dehydrated and when i woke up i couldnt tell if i had actually passed out bc i was so ill or if i was just sleeping and dreamed that i passed out.

I have dreams where I die...well actually I don't DIE but like I'll get shot in the head and collapse and everything will go black and then when I open my eyes again I'm someone else. Weird huh? I don't think you can actually faint in real life from a dream cause you are already out, I'd be more worried if you were DAY DREAMING and fainted.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

ya thats true

thanks for the replies everyone!!

i'm just more worried because the dream is supposed to be a sign of something wrong with physical health [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

-hayley
    ~*~ all is fair in love and war ~*~

Well if you really are that worried then see a doctor but I've had some strange dreams that once interpreted meant bad things would happen...etc and usually nothing came of it...but see a doctor if it'll put your fears to rest.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Yep, I've had dreams whereI've fainted, but it's just a dream nothing more than that. I have several dream dictionaries and a lot of what's written in them is rubbish, so take what that says about probably needing a physical check-up with a pinch of salt.

I dream all the time - several dreams every night, all so graphic. I also taste and smell in my dreams! I've had dreams where I'vebeen killed or died - then wake up which much relief!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb